I got the idea for these Vegetable Fritters after making a Chickpea Omelet Two Ways. They are similar in that they both have chickpea flour and vegetables. This is one of those dishes that if you have vegetables to use up in the fridge, this is a great way to get rid of them. You could use almost any vegetable you want here, keeping in mind the water content of the vegetable, which will change the consistency of the batter.
Corn and red pepper add a sweet element to these Vegetable Fritters, while red onion, chickpea flour, and a bunch of spices add a savory element. Since I love spicy food, I paired these with one of my latest dressings, Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing. Anytime that I can sneak some spice into a dish, I am all over it. The spiciness of the chipotle pairs nicely with the corn and other ingredients in these fritters.
These Vegetable Fritters are fast and easy to make. I ate them for dinner, but they would also work well as an appetizer or snack.
Yep, you guessed it, that is an affiliate link below. If you make a purchase through that link, I will receive a small commission.
Makes approx. 10 fritters
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- vegetable oil
- vegan chipotle ranch dressing (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add water and whisk until all the clumps are out. Fold vegetables into batter.
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to cover the pan. Spoon some of the batter on the pan, fitting as many fritters as you can on the pan you use. Cook until browned. You should be able to lift the fritter easily when it is ready. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with vegan chipotle ranch dressing.